Friday, January 30, 2009

Are We Alive?




I am officially the worst picture taker these days. Rick took these pictures for me because I asked him to. I need to take them because my girls are growing so fast but we forget.

Keira was having a hard day today. I woke up after sleeping for a couple hours to her bawling and screaming and bawling some more. My guilt meter goes way up when I hear either of the kids crying during the day when I am suppose to be sleeping and I often go out to help if it doesn't mellow in a couple of minutes. This time it didn't so I went and helped out. We were trying to calm her down. Apparently she had been crying off and on all morning. I was up for about a half hour trying to help calm her down. She came and took a "nap" with me and seemed fine once I went back to sleep. Rick said he saw her rubbing her head and she was still cranky so he thought maybe she had a headache. He gave her some tylonal and she had a LONG nap and has been just a little cutey all this afternoon. What a smart guy I have! Other than her hard day today, she is full of information. She will tell you anything about everything if you give her a minute to do it. She loves to sing any song she can think of and often comes with me to primary (because she refuses to go to nursery) and loves to sing with the "big kids." They love to sing all of the songs that she loves to sing. Too funny. "Once There Was a Snowman," "I am a Child of God," "Book of Mormon Stories," and so many others. It is so fun to have such a good singer around the house.

Elaina is getting to be such a big girl. I think she is going to be scooting and crawling before she starts rolling over with any regularity. She can get places (inches away) very slowly (she would probably lose a race with a snail). But she does it and is so proud of herself. She is still such a happy baby and has a smile and a squeal for anyone who will give her just a minute of their time. She loves to do this thing where if she gets excited and is laying on her back (although it is starting to move to her sitting up too) she will lift up her rear end with her legs and wiggle it back and forth and laugh and laugh. It is sooo cute. We are so happy to have her in our family. I think she is going to continue to bring us some much needed calm to our family. It won't surprise me if she is the peacemaker in our family. Such good girls I have. I am a lucky mom.

No comments: