Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sunbeams Building Space Needles


Keira and Elaina both love playing with legos. They have gotten legos for the past two Christmases and Grandma Marcia has tons of them too. They are always building things and Keira has gotten really creative. Today she brought this one to me and told me it was the Space Needle. Pretty close! I like how she added the flower on top to give it the look of the Space Needle. She has only seen it once in real life when we went and visited her Daddy at his office and she is fascinated with all of the big buildings of the city.  We will have to get rich one of these days and take her up in the Space Needle. She would love it.

On another note, Keira has officially gone to Sunbeams twice so far. As many people know, she hated going to nursery by herself. She didn't mind going to nursery but Rick usually had to go with her. We were afraid it would just carry on to Sunbeams but with a little bribery and blackmail she went last week all by herself. She had so much fun and was so excited, when she left church, that she had a crown to wear (handout from the lesson) and some goldfish to eat. On Sunday, I didn't even have to ask her if she wanted to go. She kept asking me all through Sacrament meeting if it was time for Sunbeams yet. Her teacher was sitting right behind us and I said as soon as her teacher left than we could go. You have never seen a kid bolt for the primary room as quickly as Keira went when her teacher got up. She sat down right in the front row and started talking to the Primary presidency (talking?, to adults? amazing) about how her teacher was on Facebook (I showed her that her teacher was on Facebook to get her excited for Sunbeams and it worked! That girl loves technology). Since I am the primary pianist, I get to watch her in singing time and sharing time and she loves it. She was singing along and participated when her name was drawn. I am so proud of her! I think she loves the structure more of Primary then she did with nursery. Here is hoping for a much smoother ride from now on. Elaina officially starts nursery at the end of the month so we are excited to hopefully be kid free during church. It will be nice.

No comments: