Thursday, June 21, 2012

The End of an Era





The title of this post may seem a bit epic, but isn't that always how the end of a school year feels? I keep meaning to post on here but blogger and I don't get along. It's new format seems nicer though. Maybe I will be posting more often. I really need to take more pictures though. Some thought for the summer I guess.

We have been doing a lot of just day to day stuff. Keira finished Kindergarten. We are really excited for 1st grade but we are really going to miss her teacher, Miss Peck. She was an awesome teacher and I had a lot of fun working in her class all year. She did a great job challenging Keira and helping her come out of her shell at school. We have our fingers crossed that her first grade teacher will be just as good!

Elaina graduated from her first year of preschool. She gets to go back to the same preschool next year and is really excited about that. Her teachers are a lot of fun and she is always really excited to go to school. She can already spell and write her name, knows how to count pretty high (I have heard her get into the 60's at least) and knows her alphabet. She is figuring out what letters make what sounds. We are super impressed with all that she has learned this year. We know that she is going to be more than ready for Kindergarten in a year!

Rhianna has been a toddler. She is into everything, starting to express her opinions and climbing onto everything (I think the pictures of her show this quite well!). She is a very smart girl and she is also quite taken with her sense of humor. I think we have a little comedian on our hands. She is always doing something to make us or herself laugh.

Hopefully I will be posting more this summer. We have lots of birthdays and other fun things planned so I just need to remember to take pictures!!!

No comments: